The Last of Us will be getting an all-new multiplayer mode as part of the game’s upcoming patch 1.03, the studio has announced.
Called “Interrogation”, your goal is to interrogate five players on the other team. After getting the location of the enemy team’s lockbox, you have to attempt to get to and open their lock box before they open yours.
Watch the introductory trailer for Interrogation above.
Full 1.03 patch notes below.
- Fixes for “It’s me” and “By any means” cinematics in the Cutscene Viewer.
- Revive range has increased slightly (about 1 meter). It’s more difficult to crawl out of range when a teammate is reviving you now.
- Players can prevent opponents from finishing Executions/Interrogations so that the opponent does not receive Parts for the special Execution/Interrogation. The downed player will still lose their life, but this makes preventing Executions/Interrogations more helpful to your team, as you prevent the other team from gaining Parts.
- Matchmaking update: players should find opponents around their level of experience more often, and teams should be balanced more evenly.
- Item cache locations adjusted for balance on University, High School, Lakeside, and Downtown.
- Starting cameras adjusted so they show your player with greater frequency.
- Item cache disbursement tweaked so additional items are given out more fairly.
- Winning a Survivors match by a count of 4 rounds to 0 now means your team will get more bonus parts for winning the match by that margin. This applies for games with scores of 4-1, 4-2, etc. as well. Rewards are tiered by how dominant your team is. This system is in place for Interrogation mode as well.