Getting bored with Sony’s free-to-play MMO? Well, SOE has announced that Planetside 2 will be introducing User-Generated Missions In August.
In an update on the game’s forums, developer JGood writes:
PlanetSide 2 has always embraced the idea that the core game content is totally player driven, so the mission system just takes that idea a little further. We want to give players (with appropriate command certs) the ability to create mission hotspots on the map that can be viewed by their entire Empire.
Here are some examples SOE has provided for possible user-created missions:
Air Strikes at location:
- XP bonus to ground kills/assists while in aircraft at this location
- Greatly increased gunner XP bonus (for Lib Pilots)
- Greatly increased XP bonus for Sunderer kills
Deployment to location:
- Large XP increase to deploy-bonuses.
- Large XP increase to AMS spawn bonuses.
- XP bonus for repairs to any deployment vehicle (Galaxy & Sunderer)
- XP bonus to squad-deploy bonuses
- Increased weight on Instant-action values