Microsoft has officially announced the Halo 4 limited edition. Available for pre-order now, the limited edition features packed in DLC and an extended cut of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn.
Limited Edition Contents
- War Games Map Packs: The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps – three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE.
- Specializations: Receive early access to six Specializations, available at launch on Xbox LIVE, and use them, one at a time, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. In addition to gaining access to new ranks, Specializations unlock new customization options.
- The Special Edition of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, a 90-minute extended version of the live-action digital series which will take fans back to the terrifying beginning of the Human/Covenant war, when the Master Chief inspired a young cadet who would eventually become a leader aboard the UNSC’s greatest vessel ever: the UNSC Infinity.
Digital Content also included:
- Bonus in-fiction bonus content expanding the characters and stories of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
- Special Featurette: Bringing Gaming into Reality
- Making of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE:
- Unique in-game Spartan IV armor skin
- Unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle
- An exclusive in-game emblem
- Xbox LIVE Avatar prop*
- Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan IV armor set*
The Halo 4 Limited Edition will run you $99 and is set to be released alongside the regular version on November 6, 2012.